Learn about the latest news, research, strategies and consultation documents in the tourism and hospitality industry here.
NTG Tourism Sector Skills Toolkit
The Tourism Sector Skills Toolkit consists of a set of resources with guidance notes on how they can be used by educational establishments, training providers, employers, government departments, and individuals to enable them to review the green, social and digital requirements within the hospitality and tourism sector and to use the toolkit to support them in developing and/or updating their resources.
The Tourism Sector Skills Toolkit can be used to:
- Map against existing training and qualifications, job profiles, training needs analysis, job descriptions, responsibilities, tasks, etc. for the stakeholder to identify skills, knowledge, and behaviors already present and identify gaps.
- Inform and support the development of curriculum and training programmes within educational establishments, training providers, employers’ training, and HR departments.
- Inform and support developing job profiles, recruitment campaigns, development, and training plans.
- Show skill and knowledge requirements that may be required in order to progress within or move between sectors/roles.
- Access useful examples to contextualise the data and help give insight as to how the skills and knowledge can be used by training providers, employers and individuals.
- Provide training providers and employers examples of good practice and resources.
Next Tourism Generation competition
The Next Tourism Generation in collaboration with Tourism Society Cymru and Planed is giving tourism and hospitality students and 16–25-year-olds working in the tourism sector a chance to win £250.
The competition is open to students enrolled in Wales on courses that have a component relating to tourism or hospitality AND to young people who work in the industry including 16-25 year olds who have been furloughed or recently been made redundant.
Deadline to apply is midnight Friday 30 April 2021