The National Zoological Society of Wales is a registered charity (no. 514108) that owns and runs the Welsh Mountain Zoo – National Zoo of Wales in Colwyn Bay, UK. The Zoo embraces modern conservation thinking and strives for high standards in all departments. It is a member of BIAZA, EAZA, WAZA and Species360.
Skills and Experiences
The successful candidates will be undertaking a customer facing role. The vacancies are temporary, seasonal positions.
The successful candidates must:
- Have good literacy, numeracy, and IT skills.
- Be flexible and have the ability to work to varying demands throughout the season.
- Have experience delivering good customer service.
- Have the ability to work alone or as part of a team and have excellent communication skills.
- Be educated to GCSE level or equivalent/above.
Applicants who do not meet the full criteria may be considered for interview.
For further details, a full job description and application form please email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01492 532938 ext.3 (Office Hours 09.00 – 17.00).
The closing date for applications will be 17.00 on Wednesday 23rd February 2022. A short list of candidates will be drawn up and contacted to arrange an interview week commencing 7th March.
- the successful candidates will be required to start in post as soon as possible after interview in order to undertake necessary training.
- the successful candidates would be expected to work during Easter holidays as well as over the May Day weekend, during the Spring holiday week and the main school summer holiday. Please note extended holidays are not permitted during these periods.