The National Zoological Society of Wales is a registered charity (no. 514108) that owns and runs the Welsh Mountain Zoo – National Zoo of Wales in Colwyn Bay, UK. The Zoo embraces modern conservation thinking and strives for high standards in all departments. It is a member of BIAZA, EAZA, WAZA and Species360.
Skills and Experiences
The Welsh Mountain Zoo – National Zoo of Wales is looking for a Seasonal Assistant Visitor Services Manager, who will answer to the Visitor Services Manager and the Office Manager. The successful candidate will be undertaking a customer facing role. This vacancy is a temporary, full-time seasonal position.
The successful candidates must:
- Have good literacy, numeracy, and IT skills.
- Be flexible and have the ability to work to varying demands throughout the season.
- Have experience delivering good customer service.
- Have the ability to work alone or as part of a team and have excellent communication skills.
- Be educated to GCSE level or equivalent/above.
Preferred but not essential experience includes:
- Supervisory experience advantageous.
- First aid qualification desirable.
- Retail experience beneficial.
Applicants who do not meet the full criteria may be considered for interview.
For further details, a full job description and application forms please email email@example.com or telephone 01492 532938 ext.3 (Office Hours 09.00 – 17.00).
The closing date for applications will be 17.00 on Wednesday 23rd February 2022. A short list of candidates will be drawn up and contacted to arrange an interview week commencing 7th March.