As a National Outdoor Centre, Plas y Brenin develops the people that develop the outdoor sector – from instructors to centre managers to expedition leaders to NGB officers to policymakers. This includes developing inspiring coaches, instructors and leaders in adventure sport, be they volunteers or working professionally in the sector, to better support people, from all backgrounds, to get active in the outdoors.
By hosting conferences, symposiums and meetings, we bring together practitioners from across the UK (and beyond) to share learning, transfer good practice and raise standards. This inspirational venue, with a world-class reputation, is also committed to helping individuals nurture their skills and confidence for independent adventures.
Skills and Experiences
The Stores assistant will support the running and efficient operation of the Plas y Brenin activity equipment, shop and sporting facilities whilst ensuring that customers enjoy great customer care and the benefit of being able to use great quality equipment as expected of a National Centre.
The main areas of responsibility will be to:-
- Support the daily issuing and checking-in of all centre equipment
- To prepare in advance the kit needed and ensure it is ready for issue
- To provide equipment advice to our customers, working with the instructional team to ensure our customers have the kit they require for the varied programmes.
- To ensure consistent cashing up procedures are followed
We are looking for a really organised individual, who can provide excellent customer service and has some experience of till management, and ideally the outdoor sector.
In return we can offer:
- Discounted places on scheduled Plas y Brenin courses
- Free hire of a range of equipment from our stores and river access
- Free use of on-site facilities including our climbing wall and training wall, rolling pool, strength and conditioning suite and mountain bike track
- Discounted B&B for staff and family members.
- Nest pension
- Friendly, flexible working environment
- Health and wellbeing support for all employees
Part-time hours: 20 per week
Application deadline: 30/11/2021