As a National Outdoor Centre, Plas y Brenin develops the people that develop the outdoor sector – from instructors to centre managers to expedition leaders to NGB officers to policymakers. This includes developing inspiring coaches, instructors and leaders in adventure sport, be they volunteers or working professionally in the sector, to better support people, from all backgrounds, to get active in the outdoors.
By hosting conferences, symposiums and meetings, we bring together practitioners from across the UK (and beyond) to share learning, transfer good practice and raise standards. This inspirational venue, with a world-class reputation, is also committed to helping individuals nurture their skills and confidence for independent adventures.
Skills and Experiences
We are looking for a friendly, helpful customer service advisor who will be the face of the Centre, dealing with our customers both over the phone and in person;
- Providing initial guidance and information to customers, re-directing queries promptly and coordinating feedback on customer enquiries.
- Processing revenue through the front of house systems accurately to include recording and reporting all facilities use and other income generation.
- Assist in the costing and provision of quotes for Centre events under the general guidance of the Reception and Admin Support Manager or Senior Management.
- Undertake the sale of accommodation via use of third party websites, working closely with the various personnel required.
- Providing administrative support to the Centre as required.
What we Offer:
- Discounted places on scheduled Plas y Brenin courses
- Free hire of a range of equipment from our stores and river access
- Free use of on-site facilities including our climbing wall and training wall, rolling pool, strength and conditioning suite and mountain bike track
- Discounted B&B for staff and family members.
- Nest pension
- Friendly, flexible working environment
- Health and wellbeing support for all employees
Salary: £8.91 per hour