As a National Outdoor Centre, Plas y Brenin develops the people that develop the outdoor sector – from instructors to centre managers to expedition leaders to NGB officers to policymakers. This includes developing inspiring coaches, instructors and leaders in adventure sport, be they volunteers or working professionally in the sector, to better support people, from all backgrounds, to get active in the outdoors.
By hosting conferences, symposiums and meetings, we bring together practitioners from across the UK (and beyond) to share learning, transfer good practice and raise standards. This inspirational venue, with a world-class reputation, is also committed to helping individuals nurture their skills and confidence for independent adventures.
Owned by Sport England, Plas y Brenin is managed on their behalf by the educational charity, the Mountain Training Trust.
Skills and Experiences
We are looking to employ a Bar Assistant who can work on a flexible zero hours basis to ensure an excellent customer experience is delivered to our guests.
DUTIES TO INCLUDE:
- To serve food and drinks to customers within the bar at Plas y Brenin
- To provide an excellent standard of customer service
- To follow all operating policies, procedures and working practices, including till management, hygiene and health and safety.
- To support with monitoring stock and putting away orders.
- To continuously look for opportunities to improve the customer experience and service provision in order to support the growth of Plas y Brenin.
- Excellent people and customer service skills
- Experience of cash handling, adherence to policies and procedures
- To have a passion for the Hospitality and Catering industry
- A positive and energetic manner
Plas y Brenin is a hugely rewarding place to work; you’ll benefit from being at the heart of the outdoor sector, and be surrounded by people with a passion for adventure sports. Further benefits of being a part of our incredible team are:
- Discounted places on scheduled Plas y Brenin courses
- Free hire of a range of equipment from our stores and river access
- Free use of on-site facilities including our climbing wall and training wall, rolling pool, strength and conditioning suite and mountain bike track
- Discounted B&B for staff and family members.
- Nest pension
- Friendly, flexible working environment
- Health and wellbeing support for all employees
Application deadline: 30/11/2021
Salary: £8.91 per hour